Thursday, February 23, 2012

Oklahoma This Ain't


Tonight I had the distinct pleasure of seeing the greatest student-produced show in the history of student-produced shows at Fordham University this month. Cowboys Don't Sing: A Western Musical tells the epic tale of the Old West that you never even knew you desperately wanted to hear---and it tells it in verse. Excellent cast (including the best on-stage horse performances you'll see outside of War Horse), superb set designs, smart comedy, and a rocking band made for one of the most enjoyable experiences I've ever had in a cramped black box.

I got to play my small role in this soon-to-be-historic production by creating the poster featured above. The creators of the show asked me to do my best rendition of Gary Cooper's High Noon poster from back in the day. It was a ton of fun to work on, and--after seeing the final production--a very gratifying experience to be a part of.

1 comment: